Friday, August 08, 2008

Plurk and Shelfari

I have been trying out Plurk for a few weeks, but was having difficulty finding friends who were not already in my email or Twitter accounts. I've finally mastered the art of finding friends, but it only seems to work if they use their real names and not an ID. Here are the steps:
  • Click My friends.
  • At bottom of page click Find or invite some friends.
  • In the Search for other plurkers box, put the name (ID) of the person you are looking for.
  • Under their name to go to their plurk timeline.
  • Click on either Add ... as a friend or Follow ...as a fan. (I have to check out the difference).

On a different topic, I recently discovered that someone from the Yahoo group Learning with Computers has started a group on Shelfari. This may be a good site to talk about books for professional development.

No comments: